Friday, December 18, 2009

'Tis the season...of miracles and angels

"Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality
in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart."
-- Washington Irving (1783–1859), American author

This week you get two true stories to "prep" you for the season. En-JOY!

This Week's Sponsor:

Get the all-new 11th edition of Making the Best of Basics today!


The Prepper Shaker: Do You Believe in Miracles?

This Christmas miracle took place in December 1997 at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Written by Susan Leonard, wife of Mark R. Lenonard who is a professional Santa Claus, this is a story that I think will cause YOU to believe ... A Real Christmas Miracle

From the Funny Farm: Christmas Cheer

What did Adam say on the day before Christmas?
It's Christmas, Eve!

What Christmas carol is a favorite of parents?
Silent Night.

What do you get if you deep-fry Santa Claus?
Crisp Cringle!

Prep Talk: Do You Believe in Angels?

Have you ever been touched by an angel? I believe I have. Let me briefly share with you an experience of mine in 1997 that brought a little piece (and peace) of heaven to me and set my life on a new course.

I was working part-time as a cashier in a health food store, making minimum wage and not very happy with my situation. My pride and quick temper had just cost me a good-paying job and I was merely filling time with this job until something better came along.

One spring morning a man walked into the store who looked like your typical bum off the street. His hair was disheveled; his clothes tattered; and he had on a pair of glasses that looked like they'd been through a war. He had a pleasant air about him, though, and I wasn't afraid of him at all.

He asked me if he could do a little outside cleanup work in exchange for a few badly needed dollars. The store manager shook her head, so I had to tell him "No." He then started to tell me why he needed the money, and about that time something within me stirred.

"How much money do you need?" I asked.

"Eight dollars," he answered.

"Just a minute," I said. Since he was the only customer in the store, I excused myself for a moment to check the contents of my wallet. Guess how much I found in there? Yup. Exactly eight dollars.

I didn't hesitate. I grabbed that eight dollars out of my wallet and handed it over to the man without a second thought. Suddenly all my cares and concerns of the week vanished. I felt a rush of love and compassion for this stranger, and felt his love and gratitude in return. He thanked me, shook my hand and turned to leave.

Then the strangest thing happened.

The feeling came over me that this man was sent to me from God, and I would know it because the man would give me a sign...he would shake my hand not once, but three times.

After shaking my hand the first time, the man turned to leave and then stopped. He turned back, expressed more thanks, then shook my hand again.

He turned to leave again, then turned back one more time. He looked me straight in the eye, shook my hand a third time, and said, "God Bless You." After that he left.

Words can't begin to describe how I felt at that moment -- it was truly divine!

Not long after that I quit my job, moved to a new location, met the man who is now my husband, got married, and everything changed for me forever... all in just one year...1997...the year I was touched by an angel.

Think it can't happen to you? Think again!

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
(The Bible: Hebrews Chapter 13, verse 2)

Best Regards,
Sharon Iezzi
Your Hoppy-Go-Lucky Editor

Parting Shot:

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself.

--Norman W. Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas"

The next issue of The Prepper-Upper will be published on January 8, 2010.

Keep on...preppin'! Thumbs Up!


* * * * *

The Prepper-Upper is published weekly
by
James Talmage Stevens, Publisher
Author of
Making the Best of Basics:
the all-new and updated 11th edition
.

Editor: Sharon Iezzi

Subscribe to The Prepper-Upper by Email

More free info at familypreparednessguide.com

* * * * *

If you find this information valuable, please pass it on to a friend. Your comments are always welcome!

© 2009 All Rights Reserved Worldwide.

You may NOT copy and distribute any portion of this blog for commercial purposes without written permission. Mail requests to: ready2prepare @ gmail.com


Visit Native Remedies for 100% Safe, Effective Natural Remedies

No comments:

Post a Comment